Sunday, October 19, 2008

Bryce Farewell Party

Bryce is leaving soon for his deployment, so I decided to have a farewell openhouse for him. I wanted him to be able to visit with his friends and family he doesn't get a chance to see very often before he left. We had a really good turn out and a great time. Thanks to all of those that were able to make it, we really appreciate your visit and your support.
We lit a fire in the fire pit and while people were gathered around we decided to retire our flag that had become torn and tattered because of the wind. Anyway, I think it is very neat to watch the American Flag burn and to have a moment of silence to honor the many men and women who have lost their lives for our freedoms. As hard as it is to have Bryce leave, I am very proud of him and his willingness to serve our country. I Love you Bryce and I'm really going to miss you. THANK YOU!!
More pictures will come later. I was too busy keeping up with the food and guest to take a lot of pictures. Kristin was the photographer for the night, when I get the pictures from her I will post more. Thanks Kristin Love ya.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Bryce, thanks for all you do! We will miss you! I appreciate that there are guys like you that are willing to serve our country!

Tracy said...

It was so good to see everyone and especially your cute family together. Let us know what we can do for you.
You may want to post a correction on the bejensenfamily blog, it says jensenSfireteam some of them may not be able to figure it out to take out the S.
Love you all, We'll be in touch

Coley Ru said...

You are so strong. I don't know how you do it. That was awesome of you to throw him a party! I hope he comes home soon.