Sunday, March 1, 2009

NEW CEILING



I finally have a new ceiling!!!

Most of you know the story behind this, but for those of you who don't, here goes. A few years ago we had a leak from our upstairs bathroom. We decided to tear up and replace the whole bathroom floor, and redue it. While balancing on two beams, Bryce was trying to cut some of the old floor away from the wall, lost his balance and fell through the ceiling into our family room, taking a full sheet of sheet rock down with him.

The hole in the ceiling became kind of a fixture in our house and we didn't really notice it any more unless someone else brought it up to us. Anyway, two weeks ago a member of the bishopric and a member of the stake presidency stopped by for a visit. Noticing the hole, they offered to fix it for me. Four days later they were here ready to work. They were quick too. I think it only took them about an hour. Now I just need to find someone who knows how to do the spackle and texturize it for me. Maybe I'll wait a couple more years for that!!!!!kidding

3 comments:

10zfam said...

wow, it's about time. maybe if i send ryan somewhere things will get done at my house

Unknown said...

That seems to be all it takes. Send him away and things get done the way I want them to. I've even started painting. The hallway is done, now I am starting on the family room. I have a bid for someone to paint the living room and kitchen because of the vaulted ceilings. I'll have it looking good again in no time.

Photo's by Shan said...

I can paint but probably not vaulted ceilings. LOL We are getting a new ladder, maybe that would reach the ceilings. We could always give it a shot. LOL